At Abberley Parochial Primary School, we are committed to enabling all of our children to have the best possible opportunities to enable them to flourish. We do this through our curriculum and by ensuring that all children are treated as individuals.
The school is granted pupil premium funding for pupils who are deemed to be disadvantaged. The funding is their to enable the school to provide the additional care, support and enhance the provision for those children. It is up to the school how this funding is used as they are well placed to identify the needs of the children.
The school can qualify for Pupil Premium for your child if you receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190 and not in receipt of Working Tax credit
- Working Tax Credit Run-On (the payment you receive for further weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- You are actively serving in the Armed Forces
- Free school meals (But you don’t have to take up the free school meal to attract the funding for your child – children can continue to have a packed lunch if they prefer.)
If you feel that you qualify, please follow this link to apply online.
The school continues to recognise the need to maximise every learning opportunity and provides additional learning opportunities for pupils entitled to pupil premium funding by:
- Quality first teaching and targeted intervention across all year groups
- Monitoring attendance and punctuality
- Providing early intervention where appropriate
- Inviting pupils to early morning and after school clubs
- Providing local and national visits and experiences to boost confidence and foster social, emotional well being.
We ensure that the additional support we provide is effective by:
- Looking at the individual needs of each child and identifying actual or potential barriers to learning
- Ensuring communication between staff is highly effective
- Working with other agencies to bring in additional expertise as required
- Providing consistent support for parents / carers to develop their own ability to support their children’s learning across the curriculum
- Targeting intervention according to the needs of individual children
- Recognising and building on children’s strengths to further boost confidence
- Monitoring the impact of support
Please follow the links below to find out more about how pupil premium funding is used.
As part of our strategy, we are keen to ensure that children have every opportunity for enrichment that we offer. Therefore, eligible pupils can attend one after school club each half-term free of charge. Subsidies for peripatetic music tuition, school trips and residential visits are also available. Please e-mail [email protected] to discuss this offer for your children.