At Abberley Primary School PE plays a very important role in the development of our children. Through an enriched PE curriculum, a range of extracurricular sporting activities and varied competition we aim to encourage a lifetime love of sport and physical activity which inspires all our children to maintain an active and healthy lifestyle and to reach their full potential.
High quality and inclusive PE, sport and physical activity leads to improved health and well-being, fitness, concentration and academic achievement as well as promoting correct physical growth and development. Through providing a broad and balanced programme of physical education we believe the children have the opportunity to
- participate in physical activity which is enjoyable, vigorous, purposeful and regular
- develop through knowledge and perseverance the skills and tactics to participate in a range of different sports and other physical activities
- learn to work collaboratively as a member of a team and build friendships
- experience healthy competition which can ultimately help them to develop values of justice and compassion to deal with life’s successes and failures
- develop leadership skills through developing the values of courage and wisdom
- develop the knowledge and comprehension of the importance of a healthy and active lifestyle
Our physical education programme is designed to meet the needs, abilities and interests of all individual children. We intend for our children to gain, through our programme of activity, a positive experience of PE and sport. We believe this is critical to children developing the skills and engagement to remain healthy and active in future.
Please see the information below to find out more about how the skills are develoepd through our curriculum and how PE fits into the habits and culture of all that we do and seek to achieve at Abberley Parochial Primary School.
We also have a separate sport page, where you can see our termly reports on all of the action.