Friday 26th June
We are all doing the same maths task today. I have set up a Battle of the Bands on TTRS which will start at 10am today and finish at 10am on Monday. You should have your log in details in the front of your Home Learning books but if you can't remember yours, go on to J2e and share a document with me and I'll send your details as soon as I can.
Also, please complete one page of your Mental Arithmetic book. If you are able to, mark your work with a parent, adult or older sibling at home.
English: To write your own autobiography.
You've created your timeline- which is sometimes harder than you think it's going to be. Luckily for you all, you're very young and have a much shorter timeframe to think about.
Today you're going to write your autobiography. This is a book (2 pages ish!) all about YOU! So make it fun!
There are 3 documents to help you at the bottom of this page-
- An example I have written.
- A autobiography help sheet.
- A list of past tense verbs.
I would like you to choose THREE significant events from your timeline that you have some vivid (clear) memories of- this will help you add the detail.
My TOP TIPS
- Your introduction and 3 life events must be written in the PAST TENSE. This means that they have already happened (use the list of past tense verbs to help you).
- The final paragraph must be written in the PRESENT TENSE- your feelings now and what you hope for the future.
- If you can- add some photos to go along with your work. If you haven't got any to hand (or you're at school doing this- draw some pictures!)
Science/DT: Create a mini beast hotel
The weather has been beautiful the past few days and I have spent lots of time in the garden and have noticed so much wildlife- from the tiniest ant to the magpie that sits in the tree.
Today I would like you to create a hotel full of different NATURAL materials, to provide hidey-holes for creatures galore!
Mini beasts are very relaxed tenants and will find places that appeal to them as long as there are lots of nice nooks and crannies, and some nice rotting bark to munch on.
If you build a sold foundation, you can always add your hotel in stages later on or whenever you have the right materials to hand. (Talk to an adult at home about how you might create a hotel).
Click the tab at the bottom of the page for a more detailed step-by-step guide to mini beast hotels!