22 JulTED School Closed for Pupils All Day
02 SepTED day All Day
03 SepTED day All Day
22 Jul - 04 Sep
06 Jan - 07 Jan
Whilst the Eco Committee take the lead on planning and implementing recycling, healthy schools and energy saving projects it is very important that as many pupils, teachers and staff participate in the projects as possible through our excellent curriculum.
For pupils to really engage with Eco-Schools and feel proud of their achievements, the Eco-Committee has to ensure the whole school is involved.
This year our aim is to improve our school environment and start to save the world one step at a time. Last year we saved £364.
What we do.
• Check all classes to see if they are recycling paper and plastic.
• Ensure all lights, computers and projectors are switched off in classrooms when not in use. We leave Lorax reminder cards for classrooms that forget and rewards for those that remember.
• Litter picking on the school grounds. We record how much and what types of litter we collect and compare data from the time before to see if we are making a difference.
• Organise school events and assemblies to promote our Mission statement.
• Recycle paper, cardboard, plastic, ink cartridges and compost food and garden waste.
• We grow our own vegetables in the school garden.
• The children have planted trees in the school grounds.
• We plan to, through focus weeks and event days to explore environmental issues such as energy, waste, water and sustainability.
• We promote healthy eating and exercise with healthy snacks allowed at playtime, along with healthy lunch menus and a variety of sporting events and clubs.
By the Eco Committee.